Friday, July 4, 2014

The Skeleton Walks Among Us

Happy Fourth of July, to muh fellow 'Mericans!

~☠~

Have you seen "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra"? It's an amazingly effective spoof of 50's era B-horror movies, a genre that I am an enormous admirer of.

The film is perfect, complete with cheapo special effects and alternatively stilted/hammy performances from the cast. But it's the script is the most brilliant part; it manages to be period accurate, yet still thought-provoking and intentionally hilarious.

I mention all this because the filmaker, Larry Blamire has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund production of the upcoming threequel to Lost Skeleton, "The Lost Skeleton Walks Among Us", and the promotional video is hilarious and worth a view in its own right! Enjoy!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1911769963/the-lost-skeleton-walks-among-us-larry-blamire-sci

6 comments:

  1. How funny and bizarre! If you've watched as many B movies as I have, this seems pretty familiar in a mocking sort of way. :) Now I'm wondering how I never heard of this series before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that we were in a "race".....
    My Follower "Mr. Bloch" persuaded us to "try" at a Pumpkin Patch this year.;......

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best of luck with your "Patch" .... Dear Lady....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only seen the trailer. But I want to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete