Thursday, September 1, 2011

It Blew in with the Wind

Original Pic by Jason Willis

So, with a snap of his spindly fingers, August summons September. It was summer hot just last weekend, but come Monday it was cool and overcast. Already feels like autumn, and the trees have already started to turn.

A lot of haunters seem to get impatient with summer, but I've always enjoyed it. Even when I was a little kid the summer was really just an extension of the Halloween season anyway, spent reading EC horror comics and working on Halloween masks.

Plus, once summer is over, Eugene gets rainy, and I'm not looking forward to that.

On the plus side, 59 days till Halloween. I've got a few pieces started, and given the rate I've been finishing them I should have a nice handful together for the big day. Think this is gonna be a good year.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the whole summer thing. While autumn is a wonderful time of year, I don't want to look forward to it too much because winter is so close behind. I hate the cold. So I try to embrace summer, heat and humidity be darned. Besides, I'm thinking of Halloween all summer anyway; actually, all year. But winter...blech.

    ReplyDelete